Covering mystery societies, mysterious old traditions, and the often-mistaken heritage of the world's spiritual symbols, this publication takes readers on a travel throughout the attention-grabbing international of spiritual symbolism and divulges the main mysterious and misunderstood features of religion.
• presents attention-grabbing ancient and contextual information regarding non secular traditions and symbols
• Addresses the roots of a few of trendy hottest superstitions and conspiratorial theories
• Focuses totally on religions which are dominant or have gotten frequent in the usa, permitting scholars to achieve a greater figuring out of faith in American society and bigger appreciation for cultural diversity
• Develops a different thesis approximately using spiritual archetypes to facilitate realizing of non secular ritual and organizations
• contains a phonetic pronunciation advisor with every one access to aid scholars turn into pleased with unexpected terminology
Read Online or Download Hidden Religion: The Greatest Mysteries and Symbols of the World's Religious Beliefs PDF
Similar Comparative Religion books
This vintage better half to The World's Religions articulates the notable team spirit that underlies the world's non secular traditions
Conserving non secular associations safe explores the original vulnerabilities that church buildings, synagogues, and mosques face with regard to safety, making them appealing to criminals who see them as effortless ambitions. The textual content illustrates why all areas of worship should still take into consideration defense and the kinds of breaches that may force humans away.
A hugely unique and scholarly paintings on spirituality through famous historian Mircea Eliade In The Sacred and the Profane, Mircea Eliade observes that whereas modern humans think their international is solely profane, or secular, they nonetheless now and then locate themselves hooked up unconsciously to the reminiscence of whatever sacred.
The spiritual ambiguity of the realm has many features, considered one of that's the hiddenness of God. Theists have proposed a few factors of God's hiddenness. a few putative motives contend that the benefits of God's hiddenness ("goods of mystery") outweigh no matter what advantages could end result if God's life and nature have been transparent to us ("goods of clarity").
Extra resources for Hidden Religion: The Greatest Mysteries and Symbols of the World's Religious Beliefs